Friday, March 27, 2009

Time brings changes

Well quite a bit of time has gone by since the last update. The month of March is a busy time at work, and since Jon and I both work at the same place, we've both been busy!
He's somehow found the time to install hardwood floor in the living to make it a liveable space again, and he's installed the dishwasher. So even without a working sink, the dishes are getting done and I'm really, very relieved about that.
Having the living room back is nicer than I thought it would be. Yesterday, as I was getting supper ready, Philippe went over to his bin of toys and played happily by himself and it was just..... normal. And normal felt really good. It was peaceful and happy. Jon and I both noticed it and commented on it. To have a couch and to be able to sit and look out the window is really nice too. I never really realized how good it is to just sit on something other than a bed. Jon also commented on that. I am realizing so much as we start getting back to a sense of normalcy. How a lot of the stuff we have is for our enjoyment, and how when we enjoy our living environment, it allows for some breathing space and relaxation. But that is still a luxury. I never thought of having a couch as a luxury, or having space as a luxury, but it is. I feel a lot more grateful for the things that we have now, and don't have to look at what's on sale and wish that we could redecorate just to be modern. Not that I really had that tendency before, but once in a while there's the urge to get something newer looking than what you have.
No, now I just feel good sitting on my couch and having space for Philippe to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment